ONE was founded on March 21, 2022 to strengthen collaboration in groups and organizations. We do this by offering learning programs that promote the collective learning process and that start with individual: our intrinsic motivation. Our perspective on who we are also determines also how we look at the other and how we collaborate. Can we see ourselves and the other as inherently good, unique, full of abilities and as our equal? If so, that does something to the quality of our connection and our trust. From that connection and that trust you can then shape for example the organization and decision-making, the design of your primary processes, your external relations, etc. In this way you strengthen the power of unity in your collaborative enterprise step by step. That, in a nutshell, is our approach. ONE provides training courses/workshops and other guided programs aimed at strengthening unity in cooperation. We do so in the social domain, within government circles and in the business environment. From ‘cooperative human’ towards a just economy and society.
ONE-Workshop Human 4.0
Society 4.0 is building a new, bottom-up society, beyond that of 3.0: industrial age —a huge change. But all of us have been “raised” with 3.0 for decades and its traces in our character and behavior do not just disappear overnight. How do you prevent ego, power, status, money, distrust, prejudice, etc. from entering into the game (also within Society 4.0) and start to frustrate the healthy development of a new society once again? A new society requires a new person: a double transformation. You cannot first create a new human and then let them build a new society. Human 4.0 grows as we labor to build a new society, both at the same time. It helps though to have a common point of orientation and to develop the language and culture to be able to discuss and work with each other. ONE wants to support this process and offers to enrich the conversation with insights and experiences from the Bahá’í worldview.
What’s the purpose of this Human 4.0 workshop?
- Our own role. We live in a special time of upheaval, renewal and unprecedented possibilities, in which many of us feel we have our own role to play.
- New phase. We are challenged to distance ourselves from old beliefs, strategies and reflexes that are often based on fear and self-interest, on struggle and deficit, and to grow into a new phase of living and working together based on connection and trust.
- To the core. Can we re-examine who we are as human beings, earthly and spiritual, good, unique, full of abilities and yet all equal and tightly connected on different levels?
- An expanded consciousness. When we work together in ever-expanding circles from a deep sense of oneness-doesn’t a world open up for us?
- In unity. This workshop makes Human 4.0 as a development perspective concretely applicable to organize your own region in unity.
What will we do during the workshop?
Using inspiring texts, discussion questions and exercises, we will dive together into a number of themes that will deepen and broaden our perspective of who we are as human beings and how our humanity connects us.
Themes covered include:
- Human 4.0 according to the founding act of Society 4.0
- A process of decline & a process of growth
- Transformation: personal and social
- Fight, flight & freeze vs. feel, face & faith
- Connection & trust as a state of being
- Being a soul, having a body; connected from one Source
- Being one in equality and diversity
- Essence and potentiality: reading reality, seeing the truth
- A new attitude towards money
- Cooperating with the power of unity
What is this workshop going to bring?
- A new/enriched, shared perspective on our humanity and cooperation;
- An impetus to personal and collective transformation within your region;
- Recognition in your daily practice of the differences between 3.0 and 4.0 and to see a learning growth path towards Human 4.0;
- A concrete approach and language to consciously strengthen your internal connection and bond of trust and to help onboarding new participants into the spirit of your regional initiative;
- The desire to ‘switch on’ Human 4.0, rooted in a the appreciation of humanity in your initiative, within the various domains of activity and the curiosity to build a thriving Region in unity;
- Many wonderful contacts outside your region who can be of support to you as you get to work with Human 4.0 in your own region.
What do I need to know?
- Dates & Target Audience: This first national workshop will take place on the weekend of September 10-11 (10:00 am Saturday – 4:00 pm Sunday) and is aimed primarily at members of Society 4.0 regions who want to get started with Human 4.0 in their activities.
- Location: De Rozengaard, Prinsenlaan 80 in Groenekan (1 km from the A27 or by public transport 40 minutes from Utrecht Central Station).
- Investment: Besides committing your time and energy, as a Society 4.0 participant you pay upon arrival € 65 for accommodation and catering (incl. 9% VAT) plus afterwards for the program a contribution (to us) according to ability and appreciation. Business participants ‘from outside’ pay € 400 all-in.
Where did Human 4.0 originate?
“Human 4.0” was “born” on November 11, 2021, in the preamble to the founding act of Cooperative Society 4.0 (bullets 8 & 9; sorry, not translated yet). The idea is: a new society 4.0 does won’t be built by Human 3.0, but requires a personal and collective transformation process. This workshop is the first of a number of programs that will be offered from Society 4.0 Academy for this purpose. Facilitators of the workshop, Onno van Bekkum and Marzièh Reyhani, are both active within Society 4.0 as well and regards these workshops as their professional contribution to the development of Society 4.0.
What inspires us?
In working toward the goal of ONE, we are inspired by the Bahá’í vision of the oneness and unity of humanity, which includes the following principles:
- One truth. There is one truth. It is so all-encompassing that the connection of each one’s viewpoints is necessary to perceive truth in its fullness.
- Our true human nature. Every human being, every soul if you will, is fundamentally good and endowed with infinite faculties and a personal mission in life, with our human body as an instrument during this earthly school, in order to live on infinitely as a soul in ever new worlds, which are all interconnected;
- Equality and diversity. All people are equal; on the level of our soul we are without gender, color, nationality, age, language, class or wealth and all connected by one Source: all people are one; it is from this inner oneness that the outer unity, in diversity, takes shape in the world;
- A mature humanity. We are living in a special period in the collective development of humanity, similar to that of an individual, in which we are experiencing the final phase of its turbulent adolescence, at the threshold of its maturity.
How do I register for the workshop?
Would you like to read more?
- Column Human 4.0 & Society 4.0 in the July 21 news email (including advance notice of this workshop);
- The (first) Region Guide 4.0 discussed the Bahá’í community as a ‘Best Case’ in Chapter 9 Learning and Development;
- The “whole” story of what moved us to found ONE is described in the preamble of the ONE founding document (sorry, needs translation still);
- Article contribution on a “Recipe for a Cooperative Society” (sorry, needs translation still) in the theme issue “The Cooperative Society” of the quarterly magazine of the scientific bureau of the CDA (Christian Democrats party) that discusses, among other things, Society 4.0 and the Bahá’í community side by side.
- If you like, you can also download the PDF version of the Society 4.0 workshop brochure here.
“My name is Onno van Bekkum (1969). During a European youth conference in 1985 I became fascinated by the Bahá’í principle of the oneness of humanity. That fascination has remained. In 1992 I was introduced to the cooperative in Wageningen, received my PhD on the subject at Nyenrode in 2001 and in 2009 started my office for cooperative development, CO-OP Champions. Among others, I help Society 4.0 regional cooperatives with their formation. In 2014 I became involved in the transition processes towards a cooperative society, also in my own area. During the Covid crisis I got deeply involved in a campaign of (online) conversations about ‘A new attitude’ towards material resources. At ONE, all this is now coming together: the role of human being within the cooperative systemic transformation of society. One cooperative world—that makes me tick!”
“I am Marzièh Reyhani (1973). As a singer and in my voice coaching practice Klankatelier (sorry, in Dutch) where I work according to the Lichtenberger ® method, there is one paradox that’s really important: to become completely free in body and mind to give musicality, creativity, expression and intuition all the space they need to achieve heavenly sound. For me, that is a metaphor for all of life. Making a deep connection with ourselves, with others and with what we do—and trusting that connection—that is the key, where the outcome is secondary to the experience itself. With the individuals and groups I facilitate and also as Bahá’í, the power and magic of connecting is central. I grant it to everyone to discover—through experience-how truly we are one!”